OH Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Temptation Anticipation

Tomorrow makes week 23 post my Duodenal Switch addition.  I am officially down 75 lbs since being switched and that makes a total loss of 147 lbs from my highest!  It's amazing to think that I've lost an entire person already...  And I still have another one to lose.  I'll get there, though.

We have family coming in town for a visit tomorrow and I have a feeling that it's going to be tough to stay on track...  Coming up with a plan of action is one thing, but sticking to it is something entirely different.  So...  here's my solution. 

  
I will use our favorite "Zombie Apocalypse" as an analogy.  Mainstream media has been able to capitalize on humanities fear of a potential zombie apocalypse for decades...  What if I told you it's already here?  *bum bum bum* (insert menacing music)

The source of infection...  SUGAR. 

Here's my rationale.  Sugar makes us mindless, empty shells of people.   The insulin roller-coaster that sugar causes leaves us volatile - our only mission; searching for and consuming more sugar.  The cycle repeats and is never ending.  Before we know it, we are fat, miserable, lethargic, depressed, and a slave to the effects that sugar has on us.  

I refuse to be a zombie!!

So...  With that being said...  I may need to set some boundaries for myself as well as for my company.  There are certain foods that I will have to not allow in my house and I have to be firm and not make any excuses or exceptions.  No matter my mood, financial status, stressors, event, celebration...  Whatever the excuse may be...  I will not use food as a means to cope. 

I am in control over how I choose to fuel my body.  Either I choose foods that will sustain me and encourage my weight loss.  Or I choose foods that will make me a zombie.  

Which will you choose?  ô¿~

No comments:

Post a Comment