OH Weight loss tickers

Friday, September 12, 2014

ONEDERLAND!!!!!


On September 3rd, I got on the scale and finally saw 199!!  (sorry it took me a week to document this here...  after all, that's what this blog is all about!)

I'll be brutally honest...  I bawled like a baby.  Complete hysterics.  The whole kit and caboodle.  Ugly cry and all!  It was probably one of the most emotional moments of my life.  Monumental to say the least!

I know I could have gotten there if I hadn't had the skin removal surgery.  But having it done was 100% necessary and it was time.  Looking at my pictures from right before the surgery, I was convinced I was jumping the gun... truly.  I was entirely too fat to do this.  But the proof is in the pics!  Even a week out, still swollen...  Look at the body that was hidden beneath the rolls of excess skin!!!  I am just floored!  

My recovery is going beautifully.  At 15 days post circumferential abdominoplasty/lower body lift and spiral mastopexy/breast reconstruction, I went back to work.  Getting back to my normal self and moving forward with my life is getting easier and easier with each passing day.  I have minimal pain and haven't taken an RX pain med in probably a week.  My breasts are the only thing that bother me.  They are extremely sensitive.  It's not really painful, just annoying.

Out of curiosity, this morning I pulled up a BMI calculator.  I started out with a BMI of 78 when I was at my highest weight.  Putting me in the Super Super Morbidly Obese category.  Despite losing 226 lbs, I am still categorized as Obese with a BMI of 36.  Meh...  I don't hold much weight with the BMI charts.  In my book HEALTHY = HEALTHY.  It's not about a number on a scale.  But dropping 42 BMI points is just a phenomenal achievement!  Definitely one I am extremely proud of!

So onward to my next goal!!!  I'm waiting for clearance to start exercising again.  During the summer months, I always limit my activity because of the rashes I'd get in the folds of my skin.  But now the skin is gone...  the possibilities are ENDLESS!  

My husbands current contract with his gym will be up next month so I'm on the hunt for something that he and I can commit to do together.  He's been stuck at 260 for a while.  We do really well motivating each other.  So we need to get back to doing this together.  I'm 39 pounds away from my goal weight and he's about 60 away from his.  

This really is the home stretch!!!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment