OH Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

8 Day Update - Little Things

Well now... I've made it just over a week out and I'm feeling great! I've spent all this time doing absolutely nothing and focusing my energy on healing and Netflix.  I must say that House of Cards is an excellent series. I managed to finish all 26 episodes in 3 days.

For the last 2 days I've been antsy - itching to get out of the house. I've been good and stayed put until now. The girls had cross country track practice this afternoon at the park behind our house.  So with the threat of inclement weather, I relished at the opportunity to get out - even if for just an hour to sit in the car with the A/C blaring in the parking lot.

It feels weird to sit behind the wheel of a car and feel too small for the seat. To be a good 6 inches alway from a steering wheel that used to graze me with every turn. To look down and see my thighs in all their "glory".

A good girdle is in order for those thighs. :)

But it is definitely the little things that have made this journey what it is. This is no different. At times it has been overwhelming to experience some of these small things that normal sized people take for granted on a daily basis. I'm thankful that because of this journey, I will take my gratitude with me and never overlook the opportunity for a small victory. It is these little triumphs that make each day worth living and every minute worth sharing with someone who may be struggling for motivation.

I feel such renewed vigor. It's refreshing. It's exciting. The next few weeks, months, years... what will they hold?

For now, I will focus on today.  And today is a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment