OH Weight loss tickers

Friday, January 28, 2011

Failure is always an option, but it should never define who we are...

Coming up on the end of week 4 and somehow I managed to gain 4 pounds this week.  That's right...  I was 299.2 this morning.  And NO I have not eaten any intentional carbs...  I have stuck with my guns 100% with no slips.  I have actually found it easier to turn away temptations at this point.  I have gone 28 days with no carbs and I really do not want to have to start over again at one.

I must admit that some of my pants are feeling a bit looser, though.  I'm wearing a pair of dress pants today that at the beginning of the month felt like they were cutting off the circulation to the top half of my body.  No problems getting them on today...  EVEN after they had been washed and dried!!


I'm blaming the gain on stress...  This has been an UBER-stressful week for me.  This week I have not made the best choices in salad dressing either.  Damn Thousand Island!!!!!!!!!!  I guess it was a better choice than the pizza we had at Chuck E. Cheese's, though. 




Wednesday was our oldest daughter's 7th birthday.  This is the second time I have managed to resist the evil temptation of birthday cake this month.  I think I'm safe for February...  But March is a different story.  My 30th birthday is in March...  I would love to find an awesome alternative to birthday cake that still feels birthday-ee...  If you catch my drift.

I'm a little bummed with the setback this week, but I'm not letting myself get discouraged.  I've done great so far this month and little setbacks are bound to happen.  I'm thinking this weekend, I'm going to devote myself to protein shakes for breakfast and dinner and focus on getting lots of water.

My water intake seems to have alluded me this week.  I've been a major slacker there.  For me, this is extremely out of character.  I can easily drink a gallon of water a day and I think I'm barely getting 40 oz's.

Stating my goals here seem to help me quite a bit...  So I'm taking full advantage.  I want to feel like I'm floating by the end of each day next week.  WATER, WATER, WATER!!!!!!!!!!!  No more Thousand Island dressing!  Replace one meal with my protein shake...  either breakfast or dinner...  NO more skipping meals either (big problem this week).  Find better snacks...  Cheese is a sometimes food...  = )

That's all for today, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment