OH Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Realizing The Dream


I hate math.  But when it comes to to weight loss, I find myself OBSESSED!  My New Year's Resolution this year was to commit myself 365 days to eating right and exercising.  Because of my apparent addiction to foods that are high in carbohydrates, I decided to give them up completely.  No exception.

This blog will serve as the (hopefully) daily recount of the next 365 days and then next year we will go from there. 

So where does the math come in?

A rate of healthy weight loss is about 2 pounds a week.  From the beginning of the year I need to lose 109 pounds to reach ONEderland.  If I apply that average of 2 pounds a week and divide it by the number of pounds I need to lose, that equals about 54 weeks.  Of course there are 52 weeks in a year, so I am hoping that I can lose enough during this detox week to put me right on track.

Who knows if I'll actually lose 2 pounds a week but it gives me something to aim for.  This type of weekly goal doesn't seem too unreasonable.  AND focusing on 2 pounds each week instead of 109 seems much less intimidating.

This is going to make for an interesting year. 

1 comment:

  1. Here's to a great 2011! I will get my sleeve done next month so I will be following you for sure! :)

    - Lisa
    www.inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete