OH Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Is This Month REALLY Half Way Over???

Starting day 16 on my new "intentional carb-free" life, I am feeling really good about my choices this week.  We went out to eat WAY too much, but I made really good choices the entire time.  Well...  Maybe I shouldn't have gone for the Thousand Island so much.  But either way, I feel good that I resisted temptation.

This morning, I'm definitely stalling though.  I'm sipping on a protein coffee with almond milk and Truvia sweetener.  I should be working on PowerPoint presentations for my final exams for my classes, but I am definitely stalling. 

I don't think I could have gotten through this week the way I did if I had been numbed out on carbs.  There were so many times I wanted to give in.  Especially yesterday.  We went out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, (i love my husband, dearly) but I kept feeling the "justifications" from him as to why I should cheat a little.  "If you don't allow yourself a little cheat every now and again, when you do blow it, you'll blow it big."  This is sooooo not helping right now.  I know he's trying to help and he is being really supportive, but I'm not sure he really fully understands the seriousness of my addiction to carbs.  I did allow myself a little treat by having some of the appetizers.  1/2 an avocado egg roll, 1/2 of a spring roll, and 1 mozzarella cheese stick.  All of it had been fried and my stomach was FLIPPING after eating that.  There was no rice or anything "carby" in them other than the outside.  I ordered the soup and salad lunch.  House salad with broccoli and cheese soup.  I pulled the croutons off again and gave them to my little one, but never even touched the salad.  I only managed to eat about 1/4th of the bowl of soup before I felt sick to my stomach.  All the fried appetizers were not sitting well on my tummy.  I was definitely feeling a little green after that.  I stopped and asked for to-go boxes.

After we left, we had to bring my sister to the airport so she could go back home.  Before we got on the road, she wanted to stop by a bakery to pick up some King Cakes and a Doberge cake to bring home.




Brandon got a big cup of Gelato.

I didn't want to know what everyone else got.  I balled up my jacket, turned toward the window and went to sleep.  I wanted a buttercream bar soooooo bad, I could taste it.  They have a whole sugar free selection, but it was just too tempting. 

I got through it.  Just barely...  but I made it!

End of week 2 weigh-in was 299.  100 pounds left and 50 weeks to go.  I am really hoping I can keep up the trend of 2 pounds a week.  I just need to keep my goal in sight and remember how far I've come. 

I'm gonna do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm gonna do this for me!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment