OH Weight loss tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

Oh... The Triggers of Temptation


The stress my family produces is one of the biggest triggers for me to overload on carbs.  It is physically clear that 2010 has been one of my most stressful years in a long time.  In my mind, families should not be so complicated, but logically and realistically I know that's not true.

The worst thing about my family drama is that it has nothing to do with me, but has to do with which members of my family I associate with.  This just seems petty to me and not a reason to isolate me from the people that I care about.  Such is life...  Right?

Today was tough.  Work was nothing compared to the level of overwhelming emotional stress that I went through this afternoon.  However, I recognized this trigger and resisted the urge to eat everything in sight.  This is a good step for me, considering I have spent the last year turning to the fridge for comfort in those desperate times of need.  I stared temptation in the face and made the right choice to have faith in myself for a change. 

As much as I love my family, I realize I have to come first sometimes.  I have to come to terms that my decisions will not please everyone 100% of the time and I think I am okay with that. 

Whatever everyone else decides is up to them.  I have always tried to stay true to myself.  Right now more than ever, I need to focus on me instead of all of the petty BS that goes on around me. 

I know avoiding drama is totally not possible, but I figured because this is something that I cannot control and shouldn't have to control, I should just do what I can and then just turn the rest over to my "higher power" and try to move past it.


1 comment:

  1. I followed from OH....I am Liz Ard..but, I am following incognito here.....

    You are a real inspiration and I have your blog in my Favorites Bar at the top of my computer screen...I click on it daily....can't wait to read your post.....don't feel pressure to write, but, please continue on.....you will make your goal!!!!

    ReplyDelete