OH Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Working up the nerve...

After a year long vacation from the gym, I'm all dressed and ready to go.  Yet here I am, wasting time deciding at the last minute to start a BLOG!  I am a blog virgin so go gentle on me. 

A little about me...  I'm Lauren.  My weightloss journey started when I was 10.  It has been a downhill battle since day one!  UNTIL...  June 5, 2007.  I underwent weightloss surgery.  I had the Verticle Sleeve Gastrectomy.  My highest weight was 425.  The lowest I got to was 236 on May 22, 2009.  Since then, I have fought with no success (and little willpower on my behalf) to maintain that weight. 

On the last day of 2010, I weighed in at a whopping 308 pounds.  With the next day the start of a new year, I decided to recommit myself to this journey. 

So...  now I am working up the nerve to walk out that door with my 2 kids in tow and go to the gym.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I know you can do this, Lauren! I am rooting for you! I have put on almost 20 pounds after reaching my goal wt of 138. I am going to re-join the YMCA soon. I will have to keep up the exercise to keep the weight off! Rootin' for ya!!

    ReplyDelete